November BookClubz Pick: Glory Bishop
Glory Bishop, by DartFrog-selected author Deborah L. King, is a beautiful coming of age novel about Glory, a teen caught between her dreams and an abusive home life. Head over to BookClubz.com to follow along with a reading group and pick up your copy, or check out the discussion questions by the author below!
- Describe the relationship between Glory and her mother.
- What are the forces pulling on Glory? Given her circumstances and upbringing, are her responses reasonable?
- Why is Malcolm infatuated with Glory?
- Why doesn’t Glory tell anybody about her life?
- How does Mary seem to view God? What about JT’s view? Malcolm’s? Glory’s?
- What does Glory need that she seems to get from Malcolm and Mary?
- What, in your opinion, motivates Glory’s behavior with her peers? (With her mother? With Malcolm? With JT ? With Herschel)
- Herschel encourages Glory to rebel. Glory calls him Wonder Woman. What do they each get out of their relationship? Who/what is Herschel for Glory?
- Malcolm is controlling. Why does Glory submit? Where, if anywhere, do you see the relationship going?
- Why does Mary seem to go against her own beliefs to satisfy Malcolm?