The selection criteria for our hybrid program, DartFrog Plus, is identical to our traditional publishing platform, with the only exception being that we require authors in our traditional program to have an existing and sizable platform, which we do not require of our hybrid authors. DartFrog Plus authors contribute to the costs of production, but also receive a higher royalty than our traditionally published authors. Evaluation of every manuscript is free and if selected for publication through DarFrog Plus, there is no obligation to accept.
Standard Features for all DartFrog Plus Projects include:
- – ISBN assignment
- – Library of Congress registration
A full proofread of the manuscript (if we like your story but it requires more than a proofread, we will tell you)
– Interior design & formatting (print & ebook)
– Cover design (print & ebook)
- – Author website design & construction
- – Professional video trailer
- – Social Media Strategy Development
- – The technical side of social media channels (navigating around)
- – Tactical methods to build your following (strategy)
- – Basic social media rules, expectations, and recommendations
- – Visual Branding (logo, colors, fonts)
- – Messaging (tone, personality, and voice)
- – Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube
- – Email Marketing
- – Timeline for product (book) launch
- – Advertising
- Amazon optimization (selection of keywords, categories and tweaking of book description for optimal engagement with Amazon’s algorithms)
- – Exclusive promotion to 30,000+ book clubs through BookClubz.com
- – Influencer campaign through a minimum of 5 instagram book influencers (bookstagrammers)
- – Banner on DartFrog’s website
- – Social media posts
- – We list your book on Amazon, Ingram, and Smashwords, which (through their partnerships) ensures your book will be available on all online sales platforms.
- – But you need more than listings. You need people to know about your book, which is why we connect authors with book influencers whose audiences are looking for new books to read. This is the best way for unknown indie authors to engage targeted reading audiences who can then click to buy your book through their preferred online platform.
- A paid Amazon ad campaign targeting researched genre-specific search terms with highest click thru conversion potential.
- – A professional review from Midwest Book Review and Feathered Quill
- – NetGalley managed promotion
- Publishing a book is about much more than the book itself. Throughout the process, our team offers guidance on the many other facets of your project that need attention, such as how to manage giveaways, led magnets, and more.
- Author earns 70% royalty of all net income from sales (payable first business day of each month)
DartFrog PlusAll genres except children's picture books
Includes all Standard features
Eligible for consideration by DartFrog's publicist
DartFrog Plus Children'sSpecifically for picture books
Does not include video trailer or book club promotion
If illustrations are needed, they are billed separately